Nonwoven media are widely used on gravity, vacuum and pressure filters such as Barnes Drill, Cetco, Chemcut, Delpark, Emco, Flowcon, Hoffman, Hydromation, INDUSTRIAL DEEP BED, Monlan, OBERLIN, Polyclon, Schneider, Summit and others. Common applications include filtration of machining coolants, oil and waste water.
Nonwoven media are produced in a “wet-laid” process similar to paper making. An aqueous suspension of fibre flows onto a screen conveyor belt or perforated drum forming the continuous nonwoven web. The types of fibres, their sizes and densities determine the degree of filtration of that particular media.
The micron rating of any given media is necessarily a range average or “nominal” value rather than an exact or “absolute” value. Therefore, the NOMINAL MICRON CHART is only a guideline.
Call us if you are uncertain what media you have or if you seek to change/improve your process. Our experienced filtration experts will enable you to select the most efficient and most cost-effective media for your specific application.
GENERAL FILTRATION is the largest stocking distributor of disposable nonwoven ROLL FILTER MEDIA in Canada. We stock various widths, lengths and types of nonwovens and usually can meet most needs immediately with our ready-to-ship inventory that includes these commonly used sizes:
- 20” wide x 250 yds light weight rayon
- 30” wide x 250 yds light weight rayon
- 39” wide x 250 yds light weight rayon
- 86” wide x 250 yds light weight Reemay
- 86” wide x 250 yds light weight water wettable polypro
- 20” wide x 250 yds medium weight rayon
- 39” wide x 250 yds medium weight rayon
- 52” wide x 250 yds medium weight polypro
- 20” wide x 250 yds medium/heavy weight rayon
- 48” wide x 250 yds FDA grade heavy weight rayon